Now Hiring: Shipping and Receiving Team Member
The Shipping & Receiving Team Member is responsible for helping to load & unload trucks, including the box truck between locations, and overall cleanliness and organization of the warehouse. Like the bottle, can, and draft product represents the "face" of Short's Brewing Company, the Shipping & Receiving Team Member is tasked with ensuring that SBC’s standard operating procedures are followed to ensure that the best product reaches the consumer.
Shipping & Receiving should expect to work 40 hours per week, depending on the production schedule. The Shipping & Receiving Team Members will work staggered shifts, so start times may vary. This position is an hourly, at-will employee under the supervision of the Production & Quality Manager and Head Brewer.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shipping & Receiving responsibilities
- Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to move or hoist products to proper areas within the warehouse.
- Load and unload product and packaging materials to and from trucks.
- Load dunnage return trucks as well as materials to be recycled.
- Examine incoming shipments to ensure items are not damaged and report any defective materials or products to the Production & Quality Manager.
- Verify accurate counts of materials and products received.
- Properly store all materials and keep an accurate understanding of where all inventory is located.
- Properly rotate inventory as needed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow safety regulations.
- Build and stage loads built-in ERP for all distributors in a timely and organized manner.
- Stage packaging materials for upcoming packaging runs.
- Train people on the forklifts and communicate with the forklift safety officer when certifications can be safely issued.
- Stage hops or any other ingredients or packaging in advance for shipments out of the production facility.
- Assist with Packaging responsibilities, as requested by the Packaging Manager
- Washing kegs for ER and Bellaire
- Covering lunches
- Helping with the end of run duties when time permits (can and glass dunnage, gaylords, baling cardboard)
- Conduct box truck runs between Elk Rapids Production Facility and Bellaire Pub.
- Handling PM shipping and receiving responsibilities
- Unloading and loading SBC semi
- Staging pallets and packaging for the next day
- Pulling glass for the next day
- Extending S&R hours to 5 or 6 PM
- Communicating with Logistics Coordinator about shorting loads or about missing product
- Staging and building GLR loads
- Use ERP to view and print orders and to see upcoming orders
- Communicating with warehouse manager about work that still needs to be done
- Maintaining a clean and organized warehouse
- Communicate any tasks that could not be completed by the end of shift to Production and Packaging managers.
- Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- Complete and pass a Forklift Operator Evaluation exam.
- Operate a forklift and physically able to load and unload trucks
- Make observations of efficiencies and inefficiencies.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the warehouse.
- Participate in the cleaning of the warehouse to comply with company and government sanitation standards.
- Complete special projects assigned by supervisors or managers.
- Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks and emergencies.
- Coordinate a wide range of activities in a hectic and fast-paced work environment.
- Work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- Consistently read and write orders, draft emails, and complete forms.
- Communicate clearly with co-workers and managers, verbally and written.
- Frequently solve problems.
- Report any problems or concerns regarding the condition of forklifts, loading docks, or warehouses to maintenance.
- Consistently lift and carry 50 pounds and occasionally lift and carry 75 pounds to chest height.
- Frequently bend, stoop, push, lift, kneel and reach.
- Able to stand for the entire shift, up to ten hours.
- Consistently able to use repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment and materials.
- Able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments and handle frequent changes in these environments.
- Climb stairs several times a day.
- Frequently wash hands.
If you think you have what it takes to help our shipping and receiving department, please submit your resume today!Apply Now