Short’s Brewing Company proudly promises to invest in our consumers as much as possible. We frequently receive questions from Short’s fans from all over the country that range in all areas of our business. We are flattered by the interest taken in our company and everyone’s desire to learn more about what we do. Short’s strives to field as many personal questions as possible and tries to do so in an efficient and time-effective manner. Some of these questions have become quite frequent among Short’s enthusiasts. So, we thought that we would make them accessible to you for immediate answers and time spent more productively for all.
About Our Beer
If you're interested in distributing our beer outside of Michigan, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to ensure that our new low-gluten process was successful, and to make certain we would not be misleading people by falsely promoting a low-gluten beer option, we sent samples to a lab where gluten content could be determined. Though this beer cannot be promoted as “gluten free” (since it started off deriving from gluten based cereal grains), we hoped that the test result numbers would provide us with the security and information to encourage gluten-intolerant folks to try it with confidence. When the test results returned, the gluten levels were too low to even read. This beer produced gluten readings that were below ten parts per million, the allowable numbers for gluten-free products. As brewery manager Tyler Glaze put it, this beer has lower gluten levels than gluten free but cannot be called “gluten free.”
Subsequently in 2015, we added Space Rock to our flagship lineup, and in August of that year we made this beer "Crafted to Remove Gluten".
Q: Is the Bellaire location a brewery only or is there a pub to sample the beer? Do you have food there?
Here are some questions to help determine how many kegs you will need.
1. Are there going to be other alcoholic beverages?
2. Of your guests, how many are of legal drinking age?
3. Are your guests familiar with microbrew beer (are you going to have domestic keg as well)?
4. How many different beers were you thinking about getting?
5. Are you OK running out of beer or would you prefer to have some left over?
6. How long will the bar be open?
Outside of Michigan our distributors are as follows:
Illinois - Breakthru Beverage
Indiana & Ohio - Cavalier Distributing
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia area) - Bella Vista
Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area) - Wilson-McGinley
SHORT'S BREWING COMPANY SPONSORSHIP & DONATION POLICY
Since opening in 2004, Short’s has supported many worthwhile causes and events. We are lucky to be a part of a wonderful community and it gives us great pleasure to be able to give back. These are the guidelines Short's Brewing Company refers to when considering sponsorship/donation requests from non-account entities.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
All requests must be submitted to email@example.com for review. Due to the volume we receive we are unable to accept them at the pub or over the phone. We ask that before submitting a request you read through the following information and guidelines.
GENERAL RULES FOR SPONSORSHIPS & DONATIONS
- There are so many worthwhile causes and events across the country, but we choose to focus our efforts in the state of Michigan. Requests outside of Michigan will not be reviewed.
- Sponsorship and donations will be allocated with priority to organizations and events based locally in Northern Michigan and those that share Short’s Brewing Co.'s core values. Other important considerations include amount requested, targeted audience, and remaining monthly funds.
- We decline involvement in anything related to schools and other educational institutions that work directly with young children. It’s not that we don’t believe in supporting our area schools, but we find it inappropriate to do so as an alcoholic beverage producer.
- State law prohibits us from donating beer to any events. Our hands are tied on this one.
- Due to the time and effort required to consider and process each request with care, we need at least 10 days’ notice. Any request that does not give us 10 days will be automatically declined.
- Any requests from Short’s accounts will be deferred by the Customer Service Department to the Beer Liberation Department.
Sponsorships are defined here as direct monetary gifts from Short’s Brewing Company to an external organization or event. As much as we would love to be a part of each and every sponsorship opportunity, we wouldn’t be able to make any beer if we gave everything away. Consequently, it is impossible for us to support each and every cause, no matter how worthy. New sponsorship requests are being reviewed at this time. Organizations and events may request Short’s sponsorship and shall be either approved or rejected based on the criteria laid out within this policy.
Donations are defined here as non-monetary gifts from Short’s Brewing Company to an external organization or event. Again, beer cannot be donated to any event, it would be illegal for us to do so. New donation requests are being reviewed at this time. Organizations and events may request Short’s donations and shall be either approved or rejected based on the criteria laid out within this policy.
Production Facility FAQ
Q: Can I get a job as a brewer at Short’s? What if I have no experience? What do you guys look for in new hires?
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Pub Hours: 11:00 am - 12:am
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm